Friday 20 May 2011

Q. Two female artists dictating the works nature?

Hi Jenny - I was thinking about the original idea we had of trying to learn more about each other on-line. Through the blog we have developed a professional and social relationship, a concept which in my mind seems quite 'quaint' or 'cute' even. Do you think this has anything to do with our gender? Would you see the project as feminine in anyway or romantic in its essence? The idea of 'getting to know each other better on-line', it reminds me of nostalgic actions like pen pal writing.

I would be interested to hear your thoughts?

Hi Liz: I suppose the project has been quite a stereotypically 'female' with with regards to sentiment, attention to detail, and yes, very similar to the notion of getting know someone through mediated process of writing letters.  Our practice seems like an updated version.

No comments:

Post a Comment